Statement of the Heart

"To love what we do and share what we love,as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments... in this we make a difference!"

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Thank you card...

Hi Crafters,

As mentioned a few weeks ago, I was asked by my son's school to be a guest speaker on Professional Photography for their 'Art Attack' week.

Well I ended up speaking for 50 minutes on the subject, even after compressing my speech and making it child friendly. There were 30 pairs of big round focused eyes on me for the whole time and some very keen young photographers. I am pleased to say it went off without a hitch and they were so pleased with me I was one of 3 nominated to received a hand made card along with a Westfield voucher.

It's nice to know that with technology forever evolving, that the good old fashioned card is still around and means so much to the recipient - and I can say when I received mine I was VERY happy!!!

The handmade card the kids made for me.
 

 


So don't think twice about sending a card and make one today, even if it's just to say "Hello" - you never know, you might be the one on the receiving end.

Now onto this weeks pics ... and don't forget if your card is displayed below, let everyone know I loved it and use the "NZSU Pic of the Week" badge...

 
 
Have a great crafting week!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Callena!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Callena!

Paula Dobson said...

Thank you Callena. Will put the badge on my blog with pride ♥