Statement of the Heart

"To love what we do and share what we love,as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments... in this we make a difference!"

Sunday 3 February 2013

Photo tips Week 1

Hi All,

This week has been made up of prepping photos for a job I did during the week, so I'm a little late in posting the pics. But it got me thinking about how we all take pictures so I thought I would give you some helpful tips.

  1. Firstly and most importantly check your camera lens. Sometimes we make the mistake of touching it when picking it up (or in my case kids playing with the camera). Now to the eye it only looks small but to the photo it looks like a fog has come over the image. My advice is to clean it with a fibre cloth, one that is soft and won't scratch the lens.
  2. Secondly, when taking an image (especially card or scrapbook craft) make the background a neutral colour, preferable lighter than the card - this will make the card stand out. Also leave a little room around the image so you can see the background, but not too much that it's too small an image.
Well that's a few hints, I will post more next week... on with the pics for the week:



Have a fantastic week everyone!

1 comment:

Ann Wills said...

Great picture tips Callena